As a business owner, you may be well aware of the economic value of outsourcing your company’s supply chain management to a third party logistics provider. However, if you have yet to consider a 3PL provider for one reason or another, now may be the time to reevaluate. Value-added 3PL services offer an array of advantages that many companies are becoming privy to resulting in strong and continued growth in the third party logistics sector. Still unsure? Check out these 10 Benefits to Outsourcing your Company’s Logistical Services:
- Time Saving – Outsourcing cannot only save you money in the long run but it will also save you something of equal value – you’re time. Relieving yourself and your employees of the burden of daily logistical tasks allows for you to spend more time on growing your business.
- Cost Efficiency – Don’t saddle your business with the cost and hassle of establishing your logistical needs when a 3PL services will provide you with warehouse space, technology, and transportation for you.
- Accountability – Putting an aspect of your company into someone else’s hands isn’t easy. A good 3PL service provider will take responsibility for your business and be held accountable to your standards.
- Innovation – Much like you are an expert if your scope of business, 3PL providers are an expert in theirs. A provider has the ability to work with you and apply their knowledge to enhance and improve your bottom line in an innovative way.
- Expertise – Most 3PL providers are passionate about what they do. As a result, they will integrate their level of expertise with your business practices to ensure the best customer service experience possible.
- Adjustable – As a 3PL provider owns the warehouse space and transportation, they also have the ability to increase all your logistical needs as your business grows. Also if your company offers a seasonal product or sales are cyclical, a good 3PL provider will adjust your needs accordingly.
- Optimization – Having the necessary resources that you may not have access to on your own, helps insure that your logistical needs are met in the most effective manner.
- Technology – 3PL companies have the ability to make significant investments in their technology and software that would be unfathomable for a smaller business.
- Network– 3PL providers have a vast network of resources and established relationships with providers that can offer the most cost-efficient service possible.
- Reduce Risks – Outsourcing your company’s logistical needs not only reduces labor risks on your end but it also reduces your financial risk of an investment in property, equipment, and transportation in the even your company or business downsizes.
Outsourcing your business’s logistical services to another company is a big step. It not only suggests that your company is growing, but will continue to do so. It’s important to consider the benefits of investing in a value-added 3PL service provider as they can assist you with achieving a significant return over time. If you have any questions regarding the possibility of outsourcing your company’s logistical needs or you are looking to request a 3PL quote, please contact us at M&W Logistics Group. We are happy to help tailor our solutions to meet your individual needs.